Monday, September 13, 2010

Description of research topic


Social Networking: A purposeful loss of privacy

Nowadays, the communication functions of electronic media are very popular in our society. Many people find out that social networking become necessary for their lives, such as Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and so on. Because of huge improvement of technology, people are getting much easier to get online, and create an account for themselves. In my term project, I will list out few different types of social networking, maybe I will use examples that I list above: Facebook, MySpace and Twitter. I will talk how these social networking function and what are positive positives effects and negative effects about it. Positive effects could be easy to use, improve communication, share information with friends, convenience and so on. Negative effects could be loss of privacy- (I will focus more on it because loss of privacy can cause many different harm to people including personal life, and job), inappropriate use, reduce face-to-face communication and so on. I will also introduce different group of people using social networking, such as people, companies, and clubs. I decide to use some scholar articles and presses to support my points.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I like the subject that you chose to to your term project on. It seems that in todays world you can even comunicate face to face yet we are so expose. It is very close to what I chose as a topic.

    I wish you good luck with your reserach.

    Ido

    ReplyDelete