Friday, October 1, 2010

Social Networking Sites

Social networking is people communicate each other through online websites, such as Facebook, Myspace, Friendster and Twitter. Users can upload their photos, videos and information on those website and share with their friends or families.

Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites which I like the most. I remembered when I was freshman, many of my friends asked me do I have Facebook, so they can add me as friend. Later I found out almost everybody has a Facebook account. Users can communicate with other people and they also can joint networks that create by organizations or clubs. Even in our college, many clubs create a Facebook account which can post all the information and activities on the account in order to communicate with their clubs members.

I know Myspace before I know Facebook. Back in that time, I heard people said that Myspace is for high school students and Facebook is for college students, because there are more high school students use Myspace and more college students use Facebook. I just created a Myspace account before I did this assignment. I think Myspace and Fackbook are very similar.

I never hear Friendster before, this is first time I hear it, and I also create a Friendster account before I did this assignment. Its background color is green which is attractive. On its home page, I feel a little empty, not as much as Facebook or Myspace. The first two thing come to my eyes are the Shoutout where you post your own word and ten different email addresses list where you can find friends.

I have a Twitter account too. I created it last semester because my English professor requests us to have a Twitter account. We post any things that we want to talk about, and leave comment for people or received comment from other people. It is kind of website more focus on express people’s feeling and thought. I like its design with a bird right next to word Twitter, it is so cute and different from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment